The Embedded Working Group Newsletter - 132018-10-09
This is the thirteenth newsletter of the Embedded WG where we highlight new progress, celebrate cool projects, thank the community, and advertise projects that need help!
Discuss on users.rust-lang.org, on twitter, or on reddit!
If you want to mention something in the next newsletter, make sure to leave a comment on the issue.
min_const_fnfeature has landed, allowing for stable use of
const fnfunctions in an embedded context in the upcoming 1.31 release of Rust!
- Frank Pagliughi has kicked off
rust-industrial-io, a crate providing an interface to
libiioon linux, which is used for communication with industrial sensors and actuators
- gregokent has started development on
cortex-r-rt, a runtime crate for Cortex-R processors
- The HAL Impl crate for the Texas Instruments TM4C123 now works on 1.30-beta! Now is a great time to ensure that your embedded crates will work flawlessly with the 2018 Edition of Rust!
If you have an embedded project or blog post you would like to have featured in the Embedded WG Newsletter, make sure to mention it on the tracking issue for the next newsletter, we would love to show it off!
- e-matteson has released their
keypaddriver, which can be used with keypad matrix circuits. Check out more details on reddit
- Daniel Gallagher has recently released two handy Bluetooth crates in an intro blog post:
bluenrg, an embedded-hal crate used to interface with STMicro's series of microcontrollers
- Bluetooth HCI, a helper crate for interfacing with the Bluetooth Host-Controller interface
embedded-hal Ecosystem Crates
As part of the Weekly Driver Initiative, crates that are part of the
embedded-hal ecosystem are now tracked in the Awesome Embedded Rust repository. Here is a current snapshot of what is available there:
|HAL Impl Crates||released||13||+1|
|Board Support Crates||released||11||+2|
|Driver Crates Released||released||15||+3|
|Driver Crates WIP||WIP||40||0|
- Interested in implementing a new target for Embedded Rust? Nuvoton has a development board for the Cortex-M23. Check out the thumbv8m tracking issue if you want to help!